Bowdoin basketball - women:

Post info or Comments: NCAA D3, NAIA, USCAA

Re: Bowdoin basketball - women:

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 am

Binkhorst and Brady Earn NEWBA Honors

BRUNSWICK, Maine - Bowdoin senior Sara Binkhorst (West Hartford, Conn.) has been named the New England Women's Basketball Association (NEWBA) Player of the Year in selections announced on Sunday.

Binkhorst was joined by junior Shannon Brady (Scituate, Mass.) as a NEWBA First Team All-Region selection.

A two-time First Team All-NESCAC selection, Binkhorst capped a sensational career by averaging 14.4 points, 3.2 assists and 1.1 steals this season while connecting on a phenomenal 85.4% from the free throw line and 41.5% from three-point range. She surpassed 1,000 career points earlier this season and and finished with 1,075 in her career to sit 11th all-time at Bowdoin. Binkhorst also set a new program record with seven three-pointers in a victory over Bates on February 13 and her 145 career three-pointers are fourth all-time at Bowdoin.

Brady continued to establish herself as one of the top forwards in New England as a junior, also earning a First Team All-NESCAC selection this year following a campaign that saw her average 14.3 points to go with 6.5 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game. She led the Polar Bears in scoring on 13 occasions and reached double figures in 25 of Bowdoin's 30 games while connecting on 51.2% of her shots from the field.

The Polar Bears finished the year with a record of 25-5, reaching the "Sweet Sixteen" of the NCAA Division III Tournament.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Bowdoin basketball - women:

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:01 am

A-L Sports Hall of Fame: Ouellette ruled her courts at Lewiston, Bowdoin

AUBURN — She was a standout swimmer in the making.

When a young Kristi (Royer) Ouellette began her career as an athlete, one of the first places she excelled was in the pool. She was a promising young swimmer with many laps in the pool ahead of her.

Then she held a basketball.

"Before I knew it, I was on, like, five basketball teams in one season," Ouellette said. "My parents just put me in as many different situations and opportunities that I could have to play."

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... in/1688447
Sun Journal - allows 10 free reads per month for non-subscribers.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Previous

Return to Maine Colleges (other than D1 UMaine)