CMCC basketball - women

Post info or Comments: NCAA D3, NAIA, USCAA

Re: CMCC basketball - women

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:45 am

Navy Prep 93 – CMCC 71

Box score: http://www.cmmustangs.com/sports/wbkb/2 ... 7_5eem.xml

Four players scored over 20 points for the Lady Midshipmen as Navy Prep rolled past CM, 93-71. Christina Potts led Navy Prep with 25 points and 26 rebounds, while Bianca Roach, Oda Shackleford, and Kieran O'Sullivan each tallied 20 points.

CM's pressure defense did not phase the lightning fast guards of Navy Prep, and playing on their heels defensively led to easy baskets. Navy Prep shot 50% from the floor in the second half and 43% for the game.

Gabby Foy (Wilton, ME) led CM with a season-high 25 points, on 5-11 shooting from 3FG. Lexi Larson (Milo, ME) came off the bench to record 13 points, while freshman, Kat Styles (Franklin, NH) chipped in with 11. Laura Soohey (Bremen, ME) led all CM rebounders with 11.

The Lady Mustangs fall to 3-3 on the year, while remaining 1-0 in the YSCC. They will be back in action Saturday night, when they host Thomas College in an exhibition game.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:47 am

11/8/2014
Auburn, ME
Women's College Basketball -

Exhibition Game
CMCC 88 - Thomas College 47

Box score: http://cmmustangs.com/sports/wbkb/2014- ... 8_pvec.xml

CM took on Thomas College (NCAA DIII) in an exhibition game Saturday night to end their 7 game in 9 day stretch. After a back and forth first 15 minutes, the Lady Mustangs were able to take an 11-point lead into halftime. The Mustang came out in the second half and scored the first 9 points, and the game would never be closer.

During the first few minutes of the second half Gabby Foy (Wilton, ME) and Lexi Larson (Milo, ME) hit a pair of threes to get the Lady Mustangs fired up. Foy finished with a game high 25 points, her second straight game totaling that amount, and Larson tallied 9 points.

Freshman, Ella Montminy (Center Barnstead, NH) hit for 11 points off the bench, her second game in double figures in the last 3 games.

The Lady Mustangs forced 40 Terrier turnovers, while racking up 18 steals and 14 assists.

CM is back in action Wednesday when they travel to UMaine-Augusta for a pivotal YSCC match-up.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:42 am

Women's college basketball: Foy ready to follow first year

AUBURN — Gabby Foy’s freshman basketball season was quite memorable as collegiate debuts go. The former Mt. Blue High School standout not only earned a starting job in her first season with Central Maine Community College, but also was one of the team’s top scorers and helped the squad reach the National Championship game. Her successful season also wasn’t a surprise. “That’s why we recruited her,” CMCC women’s coach Andrew Morong said. “We wanted her to come in and start ever game and score 15 points a game. That was our vision for her. She did exactly that. It was great how it turned out.”...

Read more: http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ar/1615536
NOTE: Sun Journal - allows 10 free reads per month for non-subscribers.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:44 am

Preview:

Women’s Basketball

Last year’s record: 24-3, lost in USCAA DII National Championship game.

Returning players: Jr C Laura Soohey (10.9 ppg, 9.4 rpb); So. G Gabby Foy (14.7 ppg, 4 rpg); So. G Lexi Larson (6 ppg, 3 rpg, 3 asp); So. G Hannah Champagne (3 ppg, 3 asp); So. G/F Corrie Kinder (6.4 ppg, 5 rpg in 2012-13).

Promising new players: So. F Alex Rowe; So F Courtney Taylor; Fr G Briana Grant, Fr. Macy Welch, Fr. G Malia Hamel, Fr. Ella Montminy; Fr. F Kat Styles.

Overview: The Mustangs have just three starters back in Foy, Soohey and Champagne. Larson was the first player of the bench last year. Kinder took last year off but played two years ago. That’s the experienced group this year. The Mustangs are trying to turn the page on last year and make this year their own, but the team takes some lessons from last year...

Read more: http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ar/1615536
NOTE: Sun Journal - allows 10 free reads per month for non-subscribers.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:20 am

11/12/14
Women's College Basketball
Augusta, ME

CMCC 84 - UMaine-Augusta 49

Box score: http://www.cmmustangs.com/sports/wbkb/2 ... 2_us54.xml

In a YSCC matchup, the Lady Mustangs traveled to UMaine-Augusta to take on the Lady Moose in an important conference road game. CM jumped out early and often and never looked back dumping the home team 83-49.

The Lady Mustangs were paced by Laura Soohey (Bremen, ME) who tallied a season-high 26 points on 12-15 shooting. Soohey also grabbed a team-high 9 rebounds in just 25 minutes of play. Gabby Foy (Wilton, ME) and Kat Styles (Franklin, NH) each tallied 10 points.

Freshman, Ella Montminy (Center Barnstead, NH) replaced the injured Lexi Larson in the starting lineup, making her first career start. Montminy played a team-high and season-high 29 minutes, racking up 4 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists and a steal.

All 11 Lady Mustangs who saw the floor found the scoring column. With the win CM improves to 4-2 overall and 2-0 in the Yankee Conference.

CM is back in action on Friday, November 14th when they travel to Thomas College for their last NCAA DIII Exhibition game of the season. They will return to conference play on Sunday when the host the Vermont Tech Knights at 1:00pm.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:21 am

CMCC 90 – Vermont Tech 60

Box score: http://www.cmmustangs.com/sports/wbkb/2 ... 6_vkcm.xml

The Lady Mustangs utilized their depth, placing 5 players in double figure scoring as they coasted to an easy win over the Knights of VTC. The game was back and forth for the first 10-minutes before the full court pressure of the Mustangs took its toll on the Knight. CM went into the half up 44-24.

Gabby Foy (Wilton, ME) led the team with 18 points, 8 steals, and 6 assists. Laura Soohey (Bremen, ME) tallied 15 points and a team high 9 boards. Freshman, Ella Montminy (Center Barnstead, NH), scored 10 points, ripped 7 rebounds, and dished out 5 assists.
Macy Welch (North Anson, ME) and Kat Styles (Franklin, NH) came off the bench to record 13 and 12 points respectively.
VTC was paced by Kaitlin Lyford with 24 points (6 3FG).

The Lady Mustangs forced 44 turnovers and shot just over 40% from the floor for the game. CM will be back in action on Thursday when they host rival NHTI.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:55 am

CM 91-43 blowout of NHTI

Anytime the Lynx of NHTI come to town, the Lady Mustangs are fired up and ready to play - and tonight was no different. CM put 5 different players in double figures, and forced 36 turnovers on their way to a 91-43 blowout of NHTI.

Gabby Foy (Wilton, ME) paced CM with 19 points, while freshman Ella Montminy (Center Barnstead, NH) tallied 13 points, 6 assists and 6 steals. Laura Soohey(Bremen, ME) recorded another double-double with 14 points and 15 rebounds.

Freshman Kat Styles (Franklin, NH) recorded her first career double-double with 16 points and 13 rebounds, while Macy Welch (North Anson, ME) came off the bench to chip in with 13 points and 8 rebounds. In all, 9 of 10 Lady Mustangs found the scoring column.

CM shot 48% from the floor for the game and dished out 23 assists.

With the win the Lady Mustangs improve to 6-3 overall, and will be back in action Sunday when they travel to Amherst, MA to take on Hampshire College in a YSCC matchup.​
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:08 am

Oxford Hills Anna Winslow commits to play ball at CMCC in the 2015-16
Anna pictured with her family and CM coach Morong
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:15 am

CM release:

Oxford Hills senior standout, Anna Winslow, has committed to attend and play basketball at CM next season. Winslow, regarded as one of the state's top players, is a 6'1" forward who has improved drastically over the last couple of years. As a junior, she helped lead the Lady Vikings to the Eastern Maine Class A Championship and an appearance in the state title game.

Winslow is a versatile player who can score in the post and has developed a potent midrange game to go along with an ever-improving perimeter presence. As a junior she was a KVAC 1st Team All-Star, a WMTW Channel 8 All-Tournament Team member, and named All-State Honorable Mention by the Bangor Daily News.

CM's Head Women's Basketball Coach, Andrew Morong, on Winslow, "We could not be happier, as a program or a school, that such a talented, humble, and well-rounded young woman like Anna, has us picked us as her next home. Not only is Anna one of the most talented basketball players in the state, but she is a phenomenal teammate and an even better person. She has the ability, athleticism, and versatility to make an immediate impact for us her freshman year. This process started her sophomore year, spanned several AAU and high school seasons, and it quickly became abundantly clear that it truly is a perfect fit. I am thrilled that Anna and her family are officially part of our CM family!"

According to Winslow, "I chose CM because of the way I felt when I was on campus. I felt at home and completely comfortable. I love the way the coaching staff and players interact with each other. It's evident that the girls have so much fun, not only being a part of a highly talented basketball program on the court, but off the court as well."
She continued, "Coach (Nate) Pelletier has really prepared me for the next level by stressing how important it is for me to be a versatile player and always having high expectations for myself and team. The CM women's basketball program is been very successful and I want the 2015-16 Lady Mustangs to be a team that not only follows in the footsteps of previous successful teams, but exceed expectations as well."

Oxford Hills Girl's Varsity Basketball Coach, Nate Pelletier, on Winslow, "I am very proud of Anna and all that she has done for Oxford Hills basketball. She has put in a lot of time to become the player she is today. She will fit in well with Coach Morong's style of play. I wish her all the luck in the world and cannot wait to see her play at the next level!"
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:41 pm

A depleted Lady Mustangs squad traveled to Amherst, MA to take on Hampshire College in a YSCC matchup. Traveling with only 7 players, CM jumped out to a early lead over the Black Sheep and coasted to a 72-41 win.

Four players scored in double figures for the Lady Mustangs, 3 of which posted double-doubles. Macy Welch (North Anson, ME) barreled her way to her first career double-double with a team high 17 points to go along with her 10 rebounds. Kat Styles (Franklin, NH) ripped down her second consecutive double-double with 16 points and a game-high 17 rebounds. Sophomore, Courtney Taylor (Madison, ME) tallied her first career double-double with 14 points and 16 rebounds, both career highs.

Bri Grant (Searsport, ME) finished with 13 points and 8 rebounds.

With the win the Lady Mustangs improve to 7-3 overall and 4-0 in the Yankee Conference. CM will be back in action Sunday, December 7th when they travel to UMaine-Machias for another YSCC matchup.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

PreviousNext

Return to Maine Colleges (other than D1 UMaine)