Husson Softball:

Post info or Comments: NCAA D3, NAIA, USCAA

Re: Husson Softball:

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:42 am

Terren Hall Hired as Husson Softball Coach

Bangor, ME - Terren Hall, a graduate of the University of Maine at Orono, has been appointed as Husson University's Interim Head Softball Coach for the 2015 season. She will take over an Eagles program that has won six-straight North Atlantic Conference (NAC) Softball Championships and has made six consecutive NCAA Division III National Softball Tournament appearances.

Hall said of her hire, "I'm excited to be joining the Eagles softball program and the great tradition that the program has established. I look forward to building on that success, and I'm eager to get started, meet the team, and establish the plan for the upcoming season."

Hall is the General Manager and Director of Softball at Sluggers in Brewer, Maine, and has served in both roles since 2012. At Sluggers, she also coaches the Under-18 Maine Sluggers travel team and instructs individuals in pitching, hitting, catching, and fielding. She has her American Softball Association Level 3 coaching certification.

No stranger to Husson, Hall served as a volunteer assistant softball coach for the Eagles for stints in 2012 and 2014, primarily working with the hitters. She also volunteered as an assistant softball coach for her alma mater, Maine, in 2011 and 2013-14, and worked with the outfielders and hitters.

As a student-athlete for the Black Bears, Hall earned a B.S. in Kinesiology and Physical Education with a minor in Business Adminstration. A standout third base player, she was twice selected to the America East All-Conference Team and also named to the All-Academic Team. She set five Maine softball records: most home runs as a freshman (9), most RBI's hit in a season (53), most career home runs (35), most career doubles (43), and most consecutive games played (204). She attended high school at Bucksport and was named the Class B Player and Pitcher of the Year during her time there.

Frank Pergolizzi, Husson's Athletic Director, commented, "We are pleased that Terren has agreed to serve as Interim Head Softball Coach. Her background as a player and coach as well as her familiarity with many of our players makes Terren well-qualified to take on this role. We look forward to continued success this coming season."

A full national search will take place at the end of the 2015 season.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Previous

Return to Maine Colleges (other than D1 UMaine)