[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Ryan Flaherty

Ryan Flaherty

post info & talk all things baseball...

Ryan Flaherty

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:33 am

Portland native Ryan Flaherty signs with Atlanta Braves
The Deering High grad joins Atlanta in time for the season opener on Thursday

Portland native Ryan Flaherty has signed a one-year contract with the Atlanta Braves, the team announced Monday.

Flaherty, 31, a Deering High alumnus, became a free agent this winter after serving as the Baltimore Orioles’ chief utility player for the past six years. He has a career batting average of .215 with 35 home runs. With runners in scoring position, he has batted .261.

With the free agent market dragging, Flaherty settled for a minor league contract with the Philadelphia Phillies, with an invitation to major league spring training.

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/03/26/ ... ta-braves/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Ryan Flaherty signs with Atlanta Braves

Postby frankj » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:40 am

We traveled down I-75 to watch Ryan play last night in Atlanta vs the Yanks in a final spring game. He played 3B. Yankees won 5-1; Stanton hit a bomb to left. Ryan probably felt he was playing in Maine weather; it was in 40's with a stiff breeze; we left in 6th inning...too cold!
frankj

Postby Tomahawk86 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:34 am

Ryan Flaherty was the best baseball player I have ever seen in Maine. Decent size, strength and very refined skills. I followed him in college and he helped Vanderbilt build into the program it is today. He even was promising in his early career with Baltimore...than he just wasn't good.

Seriously...what happened? Any thoughts?
Tomahawk86

Postby Willy13 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:31 am

Thats probably the most stupid thing I ever read on here....He isnt good...??? Hes a major League baseball player...im fairly certain you gotta be good....hes got 10 guys minimum under him that want his job....Ryan had one really really decent year because of one of his teammates being injured for an extended time period....Hes a utility guy....that doesnt get consistant at bats....christ he might go two weeks without an at bat....what he does, is picks up the slack when a started goes down....he brings defense everyday, if he didnt...hed be gone in a second....plus hes gotta be unselfish, and a great teammate....hes not an all star, but hes a fine utility guy and is one of the best in the business.....you obviously know nothing about baseball...
Willy13

Postby augie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:54 am

Nothing happened to him he is one of the best players in the world. I like this article explaining how tough of a job he has.

http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2018/0 ... rty-story/
augie

Postby Proxima Centauri » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:25 am

Tomahawk86 wrote:Ryan Flaherty was the best baseball player I have ever seen in Maine. Decent size, strength and very refined skills. I followed him in college and he helped Vanderbilt build into the program it is today. He even was promising in his early career with Baltimore...than he just wasn't good.

To start the year with the Braves Flaherty is batting .474 (9-19) with 3 doubles, 2 RBI, and 5 runs scored. He has started all 5 games, and has gotten a hit in those 5 games.

Seriously... what happened? :roll:
Proxima Centauri

Postby fafan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:50 pm

augie wrote:Nothing happened to him he is one of the best players in the world. I like this article explaining how tough of a job he has.

http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2018/0 ... rty-story/

What a great article about Ryan Flaherty. Certainly puts baseball and players in perspective as to just how hard it is to succeed at the major league level.
fafan

Postby fromthebench » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:49 am

Just wondering where "Tomahawk86" is hiding... :)
Flaherty batting .365 and leading the NL....
fromthebench

Postby bulldog » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:01 am

Tomahawk86 wrote:Ryan Flaherty was the best baseball player I have ever seen in Maine. Decent size, strength and very refined skills. I followed him in college and he helped Vanderbilt build into the program it is today. He even was promising in his early career with Baltimore...than he just wasn't good.

What? Ryan Flaherty is a tremendous baseball player, one of the best to come out of Maine, although I think Billy
Swift is the best I saw. Can you tell me any current player from the state of Maine playing now who is better? Ryan is a pro and I don't know how you can improve upon that. Great family also!
bulldog

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:38 am

Brave new world for Portland native Ryan Flaherty in Atlanta

...The conversation was casual, as usual. It always is with Ryan Flaherty.

“Doing good,” he said on the phone last week. “Just getting ready to go out to the field.”

He talks as if he’s headed for a pick-up game. The “field” is 41,000-seat SunTrust Park in Atlanta, where Flaherty is sizzling as one of the top hitters in the National League in his new role as a third baseman for the Braves.

Entering Saturday’s game, Flaherty was leading the league with a .362 average

http://www.sunjournal.com/brave-new-wor ... n-atlanta/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Next

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur