Mt Ararat's Nick Merrill — An athlete for all seasons

post info & talk all things baseball...

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:39 am

...Although Nick enjoys all sports while he is playing them, his true love is baseball in the spring. Nick has been the starting shortstop since his freshman year. He is a slick fielding shortstop with good range, a strong arm, and he hits, often with power.

“Nick is one of the hardest workers I’ve seen in my 17 years associated with Mt. Ararat baseball,” said longtime Eagles baseball coach Bob Neron.

Nick is a member of the National Honor Society and a member of the very competitive Mt. Ararat math team. Nick carries this intelligence onto the field of play, which may explain why coach Neron says “Nick has one of the highest baseball IQ’s that I’ve seen. He’s always thinking about the situation in front of him with regards to playing shortstop, always thinking ahead, whether it’s a bunt situation where he’s wheeling over to cover third or just looking in to see what pitch is coming and adjusting his positioning accordingly.”

He was an important part of the Eagles baseball team that last year reached the Class A Regional finals. With virtually the entire team returning this spring, Nick and the Eagles are looking forward to continued success.

http://www.timesrecord.com/news/2017-12 ... asons.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Mt Ararat's Nick Merrill — An athlete for all seasons

Postby Tiger » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Nick Merrill is a fine young man!!
Tiger

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur