Challenger Division Jamboree:: Aug. 19-20.

post info & talk all things baseball...

Challenger Division Jamboree:: Aug. 19-20.

Postby Village Soup » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:16 am

Little League baseball
Midcoast squads gear up for inaugural Challenger Division Jamboree

ELLSWORTH — Little League players from the Midcoast perhaps saw its stars shine the brightest during the local Challenger League, comprised of players ages 4-22 with developmental and physical disabilities.

Now, those players — along with others around the state — will take their talents on the road to the inaugural Challenger Division Jamboree.

Six teams — including Oceanside, Medomak Valley and Lincoln County — will participate in the event, which will be Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 19-20.

The event will have a parade, face painting, awards, a Saturday night barbecue and a total of six games — three Friday and three Saturday — on the docket.

https://knox.villagesoup.com/p/midcoast ... ee/1676674
Village Soup

Re: Challenger Division Jamboree:: Aug. 19-20.

Postby BDN » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:41 am

Challenger baseball program promotes being ‘accepted for who you are’

...But for four baseball teams from Ellsworth, Lincoln County, the Medomak Valley region and South Portland-Biddeford, those more historic locales had nothing on Demeyer Field, which was home Saturday and Sunday to the inaugural Maine State Little League Challenger Jamboree.

“This is actually my first year doing this, before the Challenger season I never played baseball before,” said 10-year-old Connor Richards, a member of Damariscotta-based Lincoln County team. “I’m having very much fun.”

The Challenger Division was established in 1989 as a separate division of Little League to provide an opportunity for youngsters with physical and mental challenges to play baseball. Teams are set up according to abilities, rather than age, and batters may hit off a tee or be pitched to by a player or coach.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/08/21/s ... o-you-are/
BDN

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur