Edward Little:: rallies past Lewiston

post info & talk all things baseball...

Edward Little:: rallies past Lewiston

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri May 12, 2017 4:56 am

Red Eddies rally to plunder Vikings

... "It was nice to see. A win like this is a great character win," EL coach Dave Jordan said. "It goes along with the things we talk about battling through to the end, especially against an opponent like Oxford Hills because they're a very good team."

"We needed outs in one inning and we gave them some — a tough-hop error and the other two, if we get outs on those plays, then we have a whole different ball game," Oxford Hills coach Shane Slicer said.

The tough hop victimized Vikings' shortstop Brayden Bean and got the Eddies' winning rally going with one out in the fifth trailing 5-3. After Jarod Norcross Plourde doubled to left, the Vikings issued their second intentional walk of the day to Hartley to load the bases.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... gs/2128658
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Edward Little:: St. Pierre, Red Eddies pull away from Mt. Bl

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue May 16, 2017 6:24 am

St. Pierre, Red Eddies pull away from Mt. Blue

... Mt. Blue High School was holding a 3-1 lead after three innings before Edward Little (8-2) opened up at the plate and showed the Cougars (3-8) the door with a 12-4 victory on a cloudy and cold Monday.

“I think he (St. Pierre) battled early on and I think he got stronger as he progressed in the game,” EL baseball coach Dave Jordan said. “I think we got a lead for him and he got some adrenaline going. He wanted to finish — did a great job.”

The Cougars squeezed out two runs in the first inning thanks to a couple of EL errors. Ethan Andrews, who got on with a hit, and teammate Sean Testa came home with the help of an error and an RBI single from Kenneth Williamson.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ue/2130411
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Edward Little:: knocks off Bangor

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed May 24, 2017 5:42 am

Edward Little baseball team knocks off Bangor

... Left-hander Damien St. Pierre delivered with a three-hit shutout of the top-ranked Rams for a 3-0 Edward Little victory.

St. Pierre struck out 11 and didn’t walk a single batter in an impressive 101-pitch, complete-game victory that handed Bangor its second loss of the season while improving the Red Eddies’ record to 11-3.

“I knew I had to mix it up against a good hitting team, so we did that,” St. Pierre said. “It seemed to work pretty well. “Usually I don’t go with straight fastballs and usually I’m not a big strikeout guy.”

“Our team knows that we haven’t played our best ball all the way through the season yet,” EL coach Dave Jordan said. “I think we’re peaking at the right time. We’re definitely showing better defense, hitting and pitching all the way around. I’m looking forward to keep progressing as we climb towards the playoffs.”

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/05/23/s ... ff-bangor/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Edward Little:: rallies past Lewiston

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed May 31, 2017 4:55 am

Edward Little rallies past Lewiston

..."Evan Cox pitched an amazing game, and we had to take him in the sixth inning because of the pitch-count rule," Lewiston coach Will Emerson said. "Two outs in the sixth and I got to go get my guy because of the rule. That's tough when you got to make a change based on something like that when a kid is pitching just so beautifully."

Red Eddies (13-3) leadoff hitter Austin Brown then greeted Blue Devils (9-7) reliever Jack LeBlond with a single that dropped into shallow right field. Tyler Blanchard then walked on four pitches to load the bases for Grant Hartley.

That was it for LeBlond, who gave way to Hunter Landry on the mound.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... on/2139645
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur