Madison/Carrabec:: Dustin Crawford a key

post info & talk all things baseball...

Madison/Carrabec:: Dustin Crawford a key

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed May 10, 2017 6:08 am

Bridgeway baseball takes MVC win over Hall-Dale
The Bandits earn a regular-season split with the Bulldogs.

... “My outfielders struggled with fly balls tailing away from them,” Sinclair said. “You just can’t practice that in the gym. Infielders are (now) getting balls off the grass where they have been getting them off a hardwood floor.”

The Bulldogs collected nine hits of their own, including two singles and a double from sophomore Alec Byron, who drove in three runs. Byron’s two-out double to right-center in the third scored two runs and cut the Bridgeway lead to 4-2. But errors bit the Bulldogs again in the fourth when Bridgeway scored four times.

“I’m a coach, I’m full of cliches,” Franzose said. “But one of our biggest sayings is hit the ball hard and in play and good things happen.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/05/09/b ... hall-dale/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Madison/Carrabec:: Dustin Crawford a key

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri May 26, 2017 4:48 am

Dustin Crawford a key to Bridgeway baseball’s success
Senior comes up big as Bandits top Monmouth in their regular season finale.

... “To be honest, I was pretty excited about it. Being the only senior (from Carrabec) is a little bit scary, but I’ve been playing with a lot of these guys for a long time, so I was ready for it,” Crawford said. “Coming into a new system and being expected to fill a leadership role was kind of tough.”

In Thursday’s win over the Mustangs, Crawford (.440 batting average, 14 stolen bases) showcased all the ways he has helped the Bandits. Hitting in the No. 2 spot in the order, Crawford reached base each of his four at bats. His first inning triple to right field scored Sean Whalen with Bridgeway’s first run, and Crawford soon scored on an Evan Bess groundout to short. In the second inning, Crawford took a two-out walk and scored on an Evan Holzworth single.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/05/25/ ... s-success/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur