Erskine: gets past Gardiner

post info & talk all things baseball...

Erskine: gets past Gardiner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri May 05, 2017 5:56 am

Battery fueling Erskine baseball team to hot start
Catcher Turcotte, aces Howard and Bonsant form talented combo for Eagles.

...“Pitching depth is something that’s really lacking in the league right now, and I think we have a huge advantage,” catcher Nick Turcotte said. “We have three or four guys that would be No. 1 pitchers on other teams, I think.”

The batters who do get on, however, may think they can make life easier for their team by swiping a base to inch closer to making it home. Well, good luck with that, too.

“If you give up a base hit and there’s a guy on first,” junior pitcher Noah Bonsant said, “I feel a lot more comfortable on the mound, knowing the guy behind the plate can throw out just about anybody in the league.”

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/05/04/ ... ectations/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Erskine: improvises in win over Waterville

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat May 13, 2017 5:36 am

Erskine baseball improvises in win over Waterville
Presby, Howard, come up big for Eagles.

... We got a great game out of Presby. Right now, he’s our best player,” Erskine coach Lars Jonassen said.

Erskine improved to 7-1, with an odd doubleheader on tap Saturday. The Eagles will play at Leavitt in the morning before hosting Gardiner in the afternoon. Erskine got a strong game from starting pitcher Nate Howard and strung together enough hits to take the lead in the middle innings.

“This was the first game we’ve had that timely hitting. We’ve struggled to score runs in the big situations. The first five games, we gave up three runs (total) and lost a game,” Jonassen said.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/05/12/ ... aterville/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Erskine: gets past Gardiner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed May 31, 2017 5:36 am

Nate Howard throws five-inning no-hitter to carry Erskine past Gardiner
Eagles also ride three 4-run innings to roll over Tigers in KVAC B action.

...“Today, our No. 9 hitter gets two singles and scores a run. I have two pinch-hitters that get base hits,” Jonassen said. “It makes it seem like everybody contributes. And I think, in high school sports, that’s huge. … I just think it pulls everybody together.”

Six starters had hits for the Eagles, with Chandler Moore, Taylor and Bonsant joining Presby among those with two apiece.

“We knew with playoffs coming up and seeding, that we had to come out and get ready,” Presby said. “This is preparation for playoffs.”

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/05/30/ ... -gardiner/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur