From UMF to EKU: Edwin Thompson taking time to give back

post info & talk all things baseball...

From UMF to EKU: Edwin Thompson taking time to give back

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:36 am

From UMF to EKU: Thompson enjoys the baseball journey
It’s rare the road to Division I college baseball travels through Division III. It’s rarer still for that road to start at the University of Maine at Farmington. As he rode the Eastern Kentucky University team bus last week as the Colonels traveled to Eastern Illinois University for a weekend series, Edwin Thompson knew his […]

It’s rare the road to Division I college baseball travels through Division III. It’s rarer still for that road to start at the University of Maine at Farmington. As he rode the Eastern Kentucky University team bus last week as the Colonels traveled to Eastern Illinois University for a weekend series, Edwin Thompson knew his journey to Division I head coach was not ordinary. UMF seemed so far away.

“It does, but the four years I had with Coach (Dick) Meader, the way he allowed me to grow and develop and make mistakes, that was so important to my career,” Thompson said.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/04/26/ ... l-journey/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: From UMF to EKU: Edwin Thompson taking time to give back

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:33 am

From Jay to Division I baseball coach, Edwin Thompson taking time to give back

LIVERMORE FALLS — Edwin Thompson's trip home wasn't a long one, but it had plenty of reminders of where the only Mainer leading a Division I college baseball program got his start.

It had reunions with old friends and teammates. It had quick rounds of golf with his mentors. And, of course, it had the TEC Baseball Academy, the annual camp he has been running for seven years to give back to the community that helped him realize the dream he is living today.

"It's just really important to me, coming back home," he said. "We have kids from Turner, where I played Legion; Farmington, where I played Babe Ruth; and Jay and Livermore Falls, obviously, where I grew up."

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ck/2157420
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur