Lisbon:: squeezes past Monmouth

post info & talk all things baseball...

Lisbon:: squeezes past Monmouth

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:35 am

Lisbon opens with 2-1 win over Madison/Carrabec

...In blustery, cold conditions on Wednesday, Tibbetts’ teammates were praising the young left fielder, whose memorable sacrifice bunt keyed a two-run uprising, leading the Greyhounds to a 2-1 Mountain Valley Conference win over Madison/Carrabec.

In the third inning, Nate Havlicek walked against pitcher Ryan Emery. Tibbetts fouled the first pitch he saw, but dropped a bunt on the next offering. The ball rolled four feet beyond home plate to move Havlicek to second.

“We practice bunting a lot, and I needed to make sure I didn’t bunt it too hard,” Tibbetts said. “It turned out to be a big play.”

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... in/2115201
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Lisbon:: bounces back by grounding Falcons

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat May 20, 2017 6:18 am

Greyhounds bounce back by grounding Falcons

... Halls, a southpaw, found his curve ball a couple of innings in and scattered five hits and two walks, struck out eight and allowed two earned runs. He also led the 14-hit attack with a single, double and triple, three RBIs and two runs scored.

"The plan was to use the curve ball. We started out throwing it right at the beginning of the game and I really struggled," Halls said. "I wasn't snapping it enough and it was always outside. But throughout the game I threw it a little bit more and just gained my composure and it worked a lot."

Noah Austin added three singles and drove in three runs for the Greyhounds (9-3). Eight of the nine Lisbon starters collected at least one hit

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ns/2133488
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Lisbon:: squeezes past Monmouth

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:53 am

Lisbon squeezes past Monmouth

...It didn’t matter. Austin executed the bunt perfectly and Cole Bolduc crossed the plate for the tying run in the seventh inning. Lucas Francis scored in the ninth to give the Greyhounds a come-from-behind 7-6 Mountain Valley Conference baseball win Wednesday.

“The suicide squeeze was what we needed in that situation,” Lisbon coach Randy Ridley said. “It is not an easy play. I think he saw (Foulke) coming, and it was a great bunt and a great play.”

“We knew it was coming. Randy and I have coached against each other for years, and Mat did a good job. If he doesn’t slip, maybe he comes up with it and it is a double play to end the game,” Monmouth coach Eric Palleschi said.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... th/2140757
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur