CALLING ALL COACHES

post info & talk all things baseball...

CALLING ALL COACHES

Postby OldTownBaseball » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:06 pm

Mike Coutts and I are very interested in getting the Maine Baseball Coaches Association active and running strong again. Please message me or email me if you have any interest in helping us with our efforts.

email: david.utterback@mail.otsd.org

Mike has said he is willing to travel to the Bangor area to meet with a group of coaches up here. If you want more info on it, email me and we can talk that way. The MEBCA works very hard to advocate for coaches and also promote players with various all-star games. This cannot be done without effort of the coaches!
OldTownBaseball

Re: CALLING ALL COACHES

Postby Trs2110 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:26 am

Coach U

Just wanted to throw my support to the MBCA, anything I can do from Lake Mary, Florida I will. I have spoken to many coaches here in Florida, and they love what we are doing in Maine. They love the fact that for a minimal fee ($15.00 I believe) a coach can have a say in many different areas.

Coach Coutts is a great hire from Deering and for the fraternity of Maine High School Baseball. Coaches please use this asset to your advantage as your fraternity just got infinitely stronger by the hire of Mike Coutts. Yes, he will continue the great success of Deering baseball, but he will do all he can to advance the baseball in Maine as a whole. Without talking to Mike since his hire at Deering, I am convinced he continues to want to strengthen the baseball throughout Maine.

I believe in this organization, Coach U and Coach Coutts believe in this organization, coaches you can make a difference if you believe in this organization. High school baseball in Maine is great and I implore you to continue to grow this organization so that your voice can be heard. I would love to see a playoff system more fit for baseball. A double-elimination regional type format would be great for Maine High School Baseball. The only way you can make a change is to unite in numbers.

Coach U and Coach Coutts please let me know if there is anything I can do from my positon, and I will be sure to pass along any info or ideas I receive from this area.

Keep in Touch

Tiger Stewart

STILL A GOLDEN BUCK AT HEART......GO BUCKS
Trs2110

Re: CALLING ALL COACHES

Postby TLukas » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:32 pm

How about a quick Question Tiger ?

Do you see any HS Coaches down in FLA involved with or watching "their kids" play Fall Baseball ? (and I'm "guessing" there's an awful lot of HS kids playing fall ball down there !?)

Apparently that is a capital offense here in Maine given the documented damage it could wreak on these poor hapless kids (in my case, had I been in a position to Coach HS ball, which I would have done and still hope to now get involved in, I guess I would have had to resign so I could watch and work with my kids and their teammates more often !?).

Maybe an issue the Coaches association can take on ? (although the rules are probably made by this National Brain Trust of High School Athletic Associations, blessed by MPA, so "there's nothing we can do about it" ?).

P.S. - Don't know if donations are possible or welcome, but if so I'd love to make one to this organization to help with expenses and/or even "sponsor" some additional Coaches to join !
If you can't see it, you can't hit it ! And the sooner you see it, the better you'll hit it !!
TLukas

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur