Deering Baseball

post info & talk all things baseball...

Re: Deering Baseball

Postby OldTownBaseball » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Just saw it on PPH online..news updates..

Deering HS just hit an absolute homerun with this one. One of the best baseball minds and teachers in the entire state. Has been considered and mentioned for probably every college job in the state and Deering lands him to take over for D'Andrea. Congratulations Coach Coutts and Deering HS.
OldTownBaseball

Postby Redstormfan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm

HoopFan wrote:Mike Coutts just named the new baseball coach at Deering.

Excellent pick.
Redstormfan

Postby zone1fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:43 pm

Fantastic pick! The kids at Deering are getting a truly great talent. Congrats to Mike!
zone1fan

Postby Kalib » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:31 pm

Deering High School made the decision that the University of Maine blew (TWICE)!!! Couttsie is an
outstanding Coach, let alone person. I am extremely pleased for him, and believe this can
only be a positive experience for the young men who will play for him at Deering High. It is ironic to me that Mike has done so much for the sport in this state, on the Cape, and in Alaska, and yet Maine's flagship University (cough cough) can't see the "forest for the trees" in its own PINE TREE STATE! Deering High School has MY utmost support for their upcoming season. Good luck Mike. You have my utmost support and respect...as always! ;)
Kalib

Postby brewhabram » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:50 am

congrats to coach Coutts, and good luck.
I have heard that he is an excellent coach, and has a great baseball mind.
brewhabram

Postby Mainer61 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:54 pm

Mike Coutts....talk about overqualified. Heck, his wife Lynn is overqualified for that job. They both should be coaching at U Maine's respective programs.
Congrats Mike. The rich get richer. Have fun Portland,Sanford and whoever else.
Don't you just love the LTC!
Mainer61

Postby TLukas » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:39 am

Mainer61 wrote:Mike Coutts....talk about overqualified. Heck, his wife Lynn is overqualified for that job. They both should be coaching at U Maine's respective programs.
Congrats Mike. The rich get richer. Have fun Portland,Sanford and whoever else.

It's time to be real happy if you are NOT in Class A, especially down south (yeah, I know it is "West", but that's only cuz the MPA doesn't know how to use a compass). Talk about having a well-connected Coach - - - if you are serious about baseball, it's time to move to Portland/Deering !
If you can't see it, you can't hit it ! And the sooner you see it, the better you'll hit it !!
TLukas

Postby radar1 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:41 pm

Will he still be able to run Frozen ropes?
radar1

Postby OldTownBaseball » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:12 pm

He will still be able to run Frozen Ropes. There are plenty of coaches at Frozen Ropes that can work with kids Deering HS kids (and others for that matter) while Coach Coutts worries about day to day operations of the company.
OldTownBaseball

Postby Kalib » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:05 pm

You guys crack me up....all worried about if Mike will violate the MPA rules and such with his
business being in the baseball realm. I am sure Mike will follow the rules, cross his t's, and dot all his i's. The last thing he would want is a conflict of interest with his business, and livelihood for that matter, being in jeopardy! The man's not stupid afterall, and I am positive he has checked into EXACTLY what he can and cannot do with regard to his own players. You make it sound like you are all ready for the next big controversy to appear at Deering HIgh. Leave it be already!!! He DOES have other coaches there, as well as his wife, who has as much knowledge, if not MORE than most of you guys, to handle what he is not allowed to. Knowing Mike, he will be helping players from competing teams as well.....THAT'S the kind of man he is!
Deering made a great decision and the critics are already circling their wagons it seems. Give it up.
Kalib

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur