Fletcher: Deering to St Louis

post info & talk all things baseball...

Fletcher: Deering to St Louis

Postby WOJBomb » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:21 pm

Sources are telling me Tre Fletcher has enrolled at Deering HS. He is expected to start today. It's not 100% confirmed but I would say it's 75-25 that he plays baseball for the Rams this season. Fletcher is one of the top recruits in the country for the class of 2020 and has a full scholarship to Vanderbilt University, he, of course, will reclassify to 2019 as he started at Cheverus 3 years ago at the class of 2019. This would be one of the biggest pickups of the season if this ends up to be true. He would instantly become one of the best players in the history of Maine HS baseball. It still is not 100% confirmed but if true it would shift the power in Class A south drastically
WOJBomb

Re: Tre Fletcher to Deering?

Postby interloper » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:30 pm

As I read this it would mean that he would play baseball for 1 season at Deering and then do what go to a prep school?
interloper

Postby fromthebench » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:21 pm

Great news! I'm guessing he wants to be draft eligible this year and move up the timelime. This will be exciting for the kids playing with him and against him and will hopefully bring some attention to the area. Greater Portland sent a team (without Tre) to the Babe Ruth World Series a while back and those kids should be getting some college attention too!
fromthebench

Postby MJ123 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:09 pm

Wow.
MJ123

Postby MattyB » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:38 am

WOJBomb wrote:Sources are telling me Tre Fletcher has enrolled at Deering HS. He is expected to start today. It's not 100% confirmed but I would say it's 75-25 that he plays baseball for the Rams this season. Fletcher is one of the top recruits in the country for the class of 2020 and has a full scholarship to Vanderbilt University, he, of course, will reclassify to 2019 as he started at Cheverus 3 years ago at the class of 2019. This would be one of the biggest pickups of the season if this ends up to be true. He would instantly become one of the best players in the history of Maine HS baseball. It still is not 100% confirmed but if true it would shift the power in Class A south drastically

Such a great athlete. He was an amazing running back at Cheverus, too. Hopefully this pans out.
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
MaineSports.Net
MattyB

Postby MattyB » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:43 am

Trejyn Fletcher played baseball at Cheverus his freshman year before playing in New York at a prep school. Now Fletcher, one of the top baseball prospects in America, is back in Maine and will take the field for Deering this spring: https://t.co/CJe5jev7Fj
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
MaineSports.Net
MattyB

Postby thebam » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:56 pm

interloper wrote:As I read this it would mean that he would play baseball for 1 season at Deering and then do what go to a prep school?

I read " full scholarship to Vanderbilt". So probably no prep school. Or, if he is truly everything he is built up to be , possibly drafted and not go to college at all.
thebam

Postby MattyB » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Prep CF Tre Fletcher, our 23rd-ranked prospect for the 2020 draft, recently transferred to Deering HS in Maine, sources indicate he is trying to classify back into the 2019 class & expect he will be eligible for the June draft. Their 1st game is April 17th.

He was originally in the 2019 class before repeating 9th grade, would be 18.1 on draft day, roughly class avg. He's similar to 2015 TB 1st rder Garrett Whitley: + bat/foot speed, powerful frame, above avg power pot. Fletcher was at East Coast Pro,national scouts have some history

https://t.co/xlCcjYP9JX

@kileymcd
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
MaineSports.Net
MattyB

Postby youngbuck » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:23 am

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/meet-the-2 ... eball-team

Nice to see Deering getting some good Press
youngbuck

Postby BBBRKR » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:33 am

DEERING RECRUITS! ! ! !

THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE MPA OR SMAA THEY SHOULD PLAY IN A PRIVATE SCHOOL LEAGUE WITH OTHER TEAMS THAT RECRUIT!

RAGE!

OUTRAGE!!!

I AM SO ANGRY :evil:
BBBRKR

Next

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur