Kate Hall::

post info & talk all things Track and Field...

Kate Hall::

Postby cbach » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:07 am

New Faces Guide Iowa State at Big 4 Duals
New Faces Guide Iowa State at Big 4 Duals

AMES, Iowa – The Iowa State track and field teams picked up 12 event wins Saturday at the Big 4 Duals at the Lied Recreation Center. The fans surrounding Harry Hoak track saw many outstanding performances, with a star being born in the sprints.

Being a dual competition, Iowa State went 3-0 on both the men's and women's sides. The men defeated Drake 104-61, Iowa 85-78 and UNI 85-79. The women took down Drake 96-62, Iowa 91-68 and UNI 92-73.

Freshman Kate Hall came to Iowa State with plenty of hype, a 26-time Maine High School state champion and the national high school record holder in the long jump. On the track, she gave fans a glimpse of that promise. She won her prelim heat of the 60-meter dash with ease in 7.40. In the final, Hall was up against bigger competition in the form of Iowa’s Lake Kwaza. But it was the Cyclone who prevailed, making a late pass to take the win in a personal best 7.30, the second-fastest time in ISU history.

Hall also picked up a win in the long jump, with her mark of 20-2 1/4 ranking sixth in Cyclone history.
cbach

Re: Kate Hall

Postby Bigticket » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:23 pm

Way to go, Kate! I have been patiently awaiting an update on your first performances at the college level. Great to see you doing great things.
Bigticket

Re: Kate Hall

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:01 am

MaineTrackXC‏ @MaineTrackXC
Fast 11.36 clocking from Kate Hall to win the 100m #VAChallenge a new meet record as well
Pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C99IHu4XoAAW3L9.jpg
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

NCAA: Kate Hall sets school record in Long Jump!

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri May 26, 2017 4:20 am

NCAA: Kate Hall sets school record in Long Jump!

(Lexington, KY) Georgia Sophomore and Maine native Kate Hall broke a school record in the long jump Thursday night. Competing at the NCAA East Prelims Kate set a Georgia record with a best jump of 21-11. Kate has now qualified for the NCAA Championships next month in Eugene, OR.

http://wgme.com/sports/content/kate-hal ... -long-jump
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

KATE HALL WINS NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP!

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:48 am

Two Maine athletes head to NCAA track and field championships
Kate Hall of Casco is coming off a school-record long jump for Georgia, and Isaiah Harris of Lewiston and Penn State is the Big Ten 800-meter champ.

...Hall’s mark of 21 feet, 11 inches ranks her fifth among Division I long jumpers heading into the NCAA meet that will run Wednesday through Saturday in Eugene, Oregon.

“I’m really happy about my jump. I knew I needed a good jump to make the nationals,” Hall said of the record set at the East qualifier at the University of Kentucky. “I had been behind the board on my previous jumps, and I knew on my last jump I wanted to be right in the middle of the board. It felt really good. But I know it could have had a little more pop. So I’m encouraged.”

She’s one of the two Maine athletes in the Division I meet.

Penn State sophomore Isaiah Harris of Lewiston is ranked second among 800-meter runners after running 1 minute, 45.12 seconds April 21 at the Virginia Challenge, where he broke the Penn State school record.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/06/06/t ... pionships/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:41 am

(Eugene, Or) Casco's Kate Hall had the longest jump at the NCAA Championships in Eugene, Oregon Thursday night 22 feet 1 inch! Kate also set a new school record at Georgia and beat out her roomate Kenturah Orji by 3 quarters of an inch

http://wgme.com/sports/content/kate-hal ... ampionship
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: KATE HALL WINS NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP!

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:04 am

Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:34 am

Casco native wins Division I long jump championship

...“The biggest highlight for us today was our 1-2 punch in the long jump with Kate Hall, a freshman, and Keturah Orji both going over 22 feet for 18 points,” Georgia head coach Petros Kyprianou said in a release posted on the team’s Web site. “These are two world-class athletes showing why people want to come to Georgia.”

Hall was one of the best high school track athletes Maine has ever seen, winning a whopping 26 state championships.

A fellow Mainer, Isaiah Harris of Lewiston (Penn State), ran to an impressive second-place finish in the men’s 800 meters on Friday night.

Harris, an Olympic Trials 800-meter finalist in 2016 who led the Nittany Lions to a Big 10 team championship, used an impressive last lap to kick to runner-up honors in 1 minute, 45.40 seconds.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/06/09/s ... mpionship/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:01 am

Casco’s Kate Hall captures NCAA long jump title
The Casco native breaks the University of Georgia record with a leap of 22 feet, 1 inch.

... “It was crazy, I really couldn’t believe it,” Hall said in a phone interview Friday. “It didn’t settle in even when I heard it.”

Hall’s jump was her second-best ever, behind only her national high school record of 22-5, set in 2015 at the New Balance Nationals. A diabetic, Hall was home-schooled in high school but won several state and New England indoor and outdoor track titles competing for Lake Region High School.

Chris Pribish, her trainer in Maine, said he told her that she would have a special performance at the NCAAs. “Earlier in week we talked about her last nationals, when she set the record,” he said. “I told her, ‘You’re going to do some crazy jumps.’ ”

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/06/09/c ... ump-title/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: KATE HALL::

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:32 am

Casco’s Kate Hall works on technique in search of collegiate indoor long jump record
Hall opens the season for Georgia with a career best of 21-feet, 9.5-inches.

...Hall believes the national indoor collegiate record of 22 feet, 8 inches is within her reach.

“My coach says all the time he knows I can jump over 7 meters (22.96 feet),” she said in a phone interview. “It’s good to have that encouragement.”

As a high school senior in 2015, Hall jumped 22-5 to break the national high school long jump record at the New Balance Nationals. Three months earlier, she won the New Balance National Indoor title in the long jump with a meet-record mark of 20-11.25.

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/01/09/ ... mp-record/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Next

Return to Track and Field: Maine High School & Amateur