Brunswick’s Tycz wins national swim title

post info & talk all things Swimming...

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:00 am

PPH players of the year: Girls’ swimming: Caitlin Tycz, Brunswick
The best athletes are recognized in three winter sports.

Girls’ swimming: Caitlin Tycz, Brunswick
Of the eight individual swimming events, she had the state's best time this year in four of them and was second best in three others.

... “USC has been a dream school for me since I can remember,” said Tycz, a Brunswick High senior who will enroll at the University of Southern California on a swimming scholarship.

The Trojans’ outdoor pool was the site of the 1984 Summer Olympics. And it’s a pool where Tycz has practiced her strokes.

“I went to swim camps there my freshman and sophomore years,” Tycz said. “I enjoyed all those other schools, and I wasn’t sure (going to USC) was going to happen. It’s so competitive.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/04/02/g ... tlin-tycz/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:59 am

Caitlin Tycz wins the 100-yard butterfly title and helps the Bath Area YMCA win the 200 freestyle relay.

Caitlin Tycz of Brunswick defended her 100-yard butterfly title and helped the Bath Area Family YMCA win the 200 freestyle relay Tuesday night at the Short Course YMCA National Championship in Greensboro, North Carolina.

Joining Tycz in the relay were Ann Tolan, Ella Martin and Olivia Harper of Bath. They finished in 1 minute, 32.85 seconds to become the first relay team from Maine to win a national title, according to Long Reach Swim Club Coach Jay Morissette. The time also set a state record.

Tycz, who set a national record of 52.43 seconds in the 100 fly a year ago, won in 52.76.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/04/05/b ... wim-title/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Swimming: Maine High School & Amateur