For endurance athletes worth their salt, Casco Bay Islands S

Post upcoming events in Maine, ibest equipment, etc

For endurance athletes worth their salt, Casco Bay Islands S

Postby PPH » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:00 am

For endurance athletes worth their salt, Casco Bay Islands SwimRun ‘a whole different type of challenge’
Casco Bay hosts the only island-to-island event in North America, although there are swim/run races centered around lakes.

...“It’s something different,” said Small, 44, who raced with Zack Priest of Cumberland last year in the men’s division. “I think I was a little more excited about it than he was.”

Small and Bancroft are triathletes who grew up as competitive swimmers in Cape Elizabeth. Bancroft, who lives in Paris and has three kids in the Oxford Hills school system, couldn’t take part in last year’s inaugural SwimRun race because of an Ironman Triathlon race in Mont-Tremblant, Quebec.

“This is a whole different type of challenge,” said Bancroft, 47. “It’s a completely different type of racing, yet still hard, and to do something like that with my brother should be pretty fun.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/08/08/c ... challenge/
PPH

Re: For endurance athletes worth their salt, Casco Bay Islan

Postby PPH » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:34 am

Defending men’s long-course champions win Casco Bay Islands SwimRun
Matthew Hurley and John Stevens finished the nearly 5-mile swim and 14-mile run in 4 hours, 18 minutes and 8 seconds.

A two-man team won the long course Sunday in the Casco Bay Islands SwimRun.

The team, Local 207, with members Matthew Hurley and John Stevens, finished the nearly 5-mile swim and 14-mile run between Cliff, Sand, Chebeague, Little Chebeague, Cushing, House and Peaks islands in 4 hours, 18 minutes and 8 seconds.

Stevens, who grew up on Little Diamond Island, and Hurley, who grew up in Belfast, were the defending men’s division champions.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/08/13/d ... s-swimrun/
PPH

Return to Running