Ben True::

Post upcoming events in Maine, ibest equipment, etc

Ben True::

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:29 am

Ben True wins NYC Half Marathon

NEW YORK (WGME) -- North Yarmouth native Ben True ran his first half marathon Sunday morning, and to say he did quite well would be an understatement.

True's first place finish in the United Airlines Half men's open division represents the first time an American man won the open division in the event's history.

Not bad for a first try at a half marathon.

True's time was 1:02:39.

http://wgme.com/sports/content/ben-true ... f-marathon
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Ben True::

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:01 am

Ben True places 2nd at Boston Athletic Association 5K
The North Yarmouth native and four-time champion gets nipped at the finish line by Hagos Gebrhiwet of Ethiopia.

...Gebrhiwet, a 2016 Olympic 5,000-meter bronze medalist, finished in 13 minutes, 42 seconds – the same time as True and Curtin, a 24-year-old American. True, a North Yarmouth native who broke his own American 5K road race record with a winning time of 13:20 in 2017, told Runner’s World he had a chance late in the race to take control.

“I tried pushing coming down the last mile, and (Gebrhriwet) made a strong move,” True said. “He actually missed a turn and I thought I could capitalize on his mistake, but I just couldn’t close that last half a second gap.”

The winning time was the slowest since 2011. The temperature – 49 degrees and sunny – was good for racing, but a headwind of more than 10 miles per hour kept the pace conservative through the mile (4:32) and 2-mile marks (9:03). When Gebrhiwet made a push during the third mile, the pack began to string out.

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/04/14/ ... at-baa-5k/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Running