Week #9- Maine Team Rankings 2018

post info & talk all things Wrestling...

Week #9- Maine Team Rankings 2018

Postby EasternMaine1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 pm

This week is Regional Championship Week. This is the week where you have to step it up. Goal is to finish top 4 in your weight class to go to States the next week.

Week #9
MAINE TEAMS

1. Marshwood- The Hawks will be in prime condition to repeat as Class A South Regional Champions.

2. Oxford Hills- The Vikings after winning KVACs are ready to prove that it was not a fluke by winning Class A North Regionals.

3. Nokomis- The Warriors took 2nd at KVACs. They want to prove that they are the team that won the Noble tournament by winning the Class A North Regionals.

4. Skowhegan-
The Indians look to prove something at the Class A Regionals this weekend.

5. Noble- The Knights will give Marshwood a battle at the Class A South Regionals. They are peaking at the right time.

6. Cony-
The Rams have a solid team this year, but their region is loaded with some great teams.

7. Wells- The Warriors scored over 200 points at the Mid-State League Championships. They will score another 200 points this weekend at the Class B South Regionals. No team there can match their strength.

8. Foxcroft Academy-
The Ponies won PVC’s this past weekend. They now look to 3-Peat as Regional Champions. This is a loaded Region with some good teams.

9. Massabesic-
The Mustangs have improved this year. They have some quality wrestlers but they don’t have the depth of Marshwood and Noble.

10. Camden Hills- They finished 5th at KVAC’s. That is where they will finish at the loaded Class A Regionals.

Mattawnacook Academy
Medomak Valley
Morse/ Wiscasset
Lisbon/ OH
Mt. Ararat / Brunswick

Class A North

1. Oxford Hills
2. Nokomis
3. Skowhegan
4 Cony
5. Camden Hills

Class A South

1.Marshwood
2.Noble
3. Massabesic
4. Biddeford
5. Bonny Eagle

Class B North
1. Foxcroft Academy
2. Mattawnacook Academy
3. Medomak Valley
4. Ellsworth
5. Dexter

Class B South
1.Wells
2.Lisbon / Oak Hill
3. Mt. Valley
4. Dirigo
5. Madison
EasternMaine1

Re: Week #9- Maine Team Rankings 2018

Postby SpartanPride » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:51 am

Sanford Won Duals against both Massabesic & BE 2 weekends ago and lost to Marshwood 42-36 ... they give up 4 or 5 forfeits in Duals so the strength of their team in a tournament can be misleading!! They have in my opinion 3 possible Champions in their heavier weights at States in Anderson / Plante / Works and a couple other possible placers in Demers & VanGeisen...it is a shame that their lineup didn’t return a few solid wrestlers this season to be sure , but don’t sleep on the Spartans ( I predict a top 5 to 6 finish at least )
SpartanPride

Re: Week #9- Maine Team Rankings 2018

Postby onthematorfield » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:15 pm

Here is what I wrote on November 10th for my preseason top 5:

Class A
Marshwood
Noble
Oxford Hills
Sanford
Skowhegan

Class B
Wells
Foxcroft
Mt Valley
Ellsworth
Bucksport

Here is a revised list heading into the final two weeks:

Class A
Marshwood (They still get the nod at #1. They have performed well in tournaments all season)
Oxford Hills (I don't think KVAC was a fluke based on other tournaments they won this year)
Nokomis (Should be a nail biter this weekend at Regionals with OH)
Noble (They appear to be peaking at the right time)
Skowhegan (NEVER count Skowhegan out!!)

Class B
Wells (Not sure if there is a team in Class B that can best them in a tournament)
Foxcroft (They won PVC by 40 points. Do they have the ponies to get it done at States?)
Ellsworth (Had seven on the podium at PVC last week. They will be led the next two weeks by their 138 & 145)
Mattanwacook (They also had seven on the podium last week. Can they make the podium again this weekend?)
Medomak (They were the top Class B team at KVAC last weekend)

With all that being said, I do honestly believe that Marshwood in A and Wells in B can be beat at States. Lots and Lots of points are earned in consolation rounds...................
onthematorfield

Return to Wrestling: Maine High School & Amateur