Long training camp produces championship effort for CJ Ewer

Throw down sports.. best events, and more

Postby Media » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:00 am

...Ewer, a 37-year-old Hampden resident who last fought in August 2016, captured the vacant title by submitting Rumford’s Mike Hansen with a triangle choke 1:43 into the first round of their scheduled five-round battle in front of a sellout crowd of 1,200 in the arena’s grand ballroom.

While Ewer (3-0) didn’t learn of the fight until after coming back from a three-month deployment with the U.S. Air Force security forces in the Middle East earlier this year, preparation for the title opportunity began long before he resumed workouts at Young’s MMA in Bangor.

“I got notification of this fight as soon as I got back in April, so the camp was longer than normal, but the entire time I was gone I worked out probably three hours a day overseas. I don’t have the support of Young’s MMA there, but there were jiu-jitsu classes over there, and there were boxing classes over there, so I’d been working out pretty much for eight months straight, and this was the first time I was able to show the results of that.”

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/08/06/s ... r-cj-ewer/
Media

Return to MMA, Bodybuilding, Boxing, Wrestling,