Pro-Am boxing: July 29 in Skowhegan

Throw down sports.. best events, and more

Pro-Am boxing: July 29 in Skowhegan

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:05 am

LaMichael Chadball‏ @MikeChadbourne
Boxing is Back! This event will feature several Portland Boxing Club fighters July 29th Skowhegan Maine #PBC #Boxing #ProAm #MeSports
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Pro-Am boxing: July 29 in Skowhegan

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:05 am

‘Irish’ Micky Ward special guest for Skowhegan boxing show

Former world lightweight boxing champion “Irish” Micky Ward, whose career was the subject of the 2010 Oscar-nominated movie “The Fighter,” will be the guest of honor for a July 29 pro-am boxing show to be held at the Skowhegan Recreation Center.

The 51-year-old Ward, a native of Lowell, Massachusetts, was a three-time New England Golden Gloves champion as an amateur who went on to greater fame in the professional ranks. His career was highlighted by a memorable three-fight series against Arturo Gatti that included Ring magazine’s 2002 and 2003 fights of the year.

“Having a former world champion like Micky attend this event is too good to be true,” said show promoter Brandon “The Cannon” Berry, the junior welterweight from West Forks who is recovering from shoulder surgery. “He is one of my heroes and this has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/06/30/s ... xing-show/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:10 am

Brandon Berry hopes boxing takes off in Skowhegan
Saturday night card designed to give locals chance to shine.

SKOWHEGAN — It still stings Brandon Berry that he won’t be headlining his own fight card, but the professional boxer out of The Forks has learned that his future in the sport might end up being different than he’d originally planned.

“I’m fully aware the fighters don’t age gracefully,” Berry joked Tuesday night at Whit’s End, where he was promoting this Saturday’s 13-bout boxing program featuring an appearance by “Irish” Micky Ward, the two-time world champion portrayed by Mark Wahlberg in the 2010 Academy Award-winning film “The Fighter.” The event at the Skowhegan Community Center will feature two professional bouts and 11 amateur ones in the first boxing show held in Skowhegan since July of 2015.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/07/25/ ... skowhegan/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:12 am

Boxing Returns to Skowhegan on Saturday Night

SKOWHEGAN, MAINE (WABI) - Pro-am boxing is coming up Saturday night in Skowhegan.
The event is being held at the Skowhegan Community Center. Doors open at 6 PM. Fights start at 7 PM.

http://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/Boxin ... 36573.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:39 am

‘The Fighter’ comes to Skowhegan
"Irish" Micky Ward meets with fans at Brandon Berry's boxing event in Skowhegan on Saturday night.

SKOWHEGAN — “Irish” Micky Ward is 51 now. He hasn’t fought in 14 years , but he’s still as working class as he was when he was a world champion.

“Right now doing construction. I’m paving, putting concrete down,” Ward, a native of Lowell, Massachusetts, said. Ward was at the Skowhegan Rec Center on Saturday night, as the guest of West Forks boxer Brandon Berry.

Berry is recovering from shoulder surgery and unable to fight, but he organized a show of amateur and professional boxing in Skowhegan. It was four years ago, down the road at Skowhegan Area High School, where Berry made his professional debut.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/07/29/ ... skowhegan/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:40 am

Jason Quirk’s return to ring stays on track
Portland boxer caps Skowhegan fight card with TKO win.

...“I felt like I was in control the whole fight,” Quirk said. “(Baue) had some power, so I was a little cautious of that.”

The win improved Quirk’s professional record to 7-0, with his next fight scheduled for Nov. 11 at the Portland Expo.

Quirk was the aggressor right from the opening bell. He had Baue pinned against the ropes for much of the first round, and the Troy, Missouri, native was never able to establish a rhythm.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/07/29/ ... -on-track/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to MMA, Bodybuilding, Boxing, Wrestling,