Devin Powell:: primed for second UFC bout on Sunday

Throw down sports.. best events, and more

Devin Powell:: primed for second UFC bout on Sunday

Postby Media » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:46 am

Devin Powell’s big break puts him in UFC’s big-time cage tonight
South Berwick native will make his debut in the world's premier mixed martial arts organization on Sunday.

One bad break helped lead to Devin Powell’s big break.

Powell, 28, has been fighting professionally in the mixed martial arts – a sport that combines techniques of wrestling and boxing with martial arts such as kickboxing, judo and karate – since 2012.

The South Berwick native has fought mostly in front of small crowds in northern New England, but on Sunday night he will have his biggest payday yet – more than $20,000 if he wins – for a nationally televised fight in Phoenix.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/01/15/p ... -ufc-cage/
Media

Re: Devin Powell:: primed for second UFC bout on Sunday

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:32 am

Wells fighter primed for second UFC bout on Sunday

...“It’s the same as everywhere else, it’s just a bigger stage and brighter lights,” said Powell. “I tried not to get too transfixed on the fact that it was the UFC, I kind of of told myself that I had already fought in front of the boss and he liked me and I had won so I couldn’t let it affect me too much.

“It was just another fist fight.”

Powell (8-2) returns to UFC competition Sunday night when he faces Darrell Horcher (12-2) of Shermans Dale, Pennsylvania, as part of UFC Fight Night 112 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

Powell, the former New England Fights lightweight champion, competes on the undercard that will be televised live by FS2 beginning at 7 p.m

.http://bangordailynews.com/2017/06/22/s ... on-sunday/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to MMA, Bodybuilding, Boxing, Wrestling,