CCW

All things hunting..

CCW

Postby nhsfan4life » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:54 am

Doesn't have much to do with hunting, but I was wondering if any of you had a recommendation for a concealed carry weapon?
nhsfan4life

Re: CCW

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:51 am

nhsfan4life wrote:Doesn't have much to do with hunting, but I was wondering if any of you had a recommendation for a concealed carry weapon?

I assume you mean in general for in public or are you talking while hiking, hunting, etc.. The answer may be the same .. not sure...
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: CCW

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:34 pm

I recommend that you invest some time and money with an NRA certified instructor. You'll need a class before you can get the permit anyway, and a good instructor can help you get used to several types of handguns. If you aren't an experienced shooter then I'd recommend a revolver, they have fewer working parts to master. There's a backlog of paperwork with CCW permits in many jurisdictions. So be prepared to wait for your permit.

If you're looking to carry something as a back-up while hunting you should keep in mind that you can open carry in Maine. I don't recommend OC in urban or populated areas, but it's not a big deal in the woods. But no matter what you do make sure you know the weapon (and the laws) very well before you carry it open or concealed.
Mike Tomlin

Return to Hunting