Gianniano named York head coach

post info & talk all things Softball...

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:28 am

...“Leaving Newburyport was tough,” he said. “Working with girls down here for two years and we were poised to have a very good year down there. I was looking forward to the year and then this opportunity came and there was a decision to make the jump. It was an opportunity that made sense for me. This is the perfect fit for me. The support from Mr. Wood has been sensational and there are some sensational people here at York, and hopefully the experience from basketball will flow into the softball program.”

The Wildcats had just 13 girls register to play this season, meaning there will not be a junior varsity team.

“That’s a big priority for me, to reimplement the junior varsity program,” Gianniano said. “We need to see what’s going on at the youth softball level and get some more enthusiasm.”

Kiley Blondin, Alexandra York and Wendy Donnell are lone seniors. Juniors include Hannah Gennaro, Leah Healy, Abigail Kavanagh, Kayla Dredge, and Kathryn Tetreault; while sophomores include Shyanne Goodwin, Nikole Keech, and Abby Orso, and freshmen Margaret Bachelder and Colleen Daly.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/sports/20 ... head-coach
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Softball: Maine High School & Amateur