Ralph Aceto returns to coach South Portland

post info & talk all things Softball...

Ralph Aceto returns to coach South Portland

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:52 am

Ralph Aceto returns to coach South Portland softball after two years away
Aceto had led the Riots to a state championship in 2010 and a regional title in 2012.

...“There’s no question that his success in his previous tenure proved that he has what it takes to oversee a program and be successful,” said South Portland Athletic Director Todd Livingston. “And certainly, on my end, having the opportunity to bring someone of that caliber back is exciting and a great thing for the program.

“Ralph has high expectations and demands a lot from the girls. But he has a great balance of developing relationships with them, which is very important.”

Aceto replaces Alexis Garrison, who replaced him the last two years. The Riots were 8-10 last year, losing in the quarterfinals.

“I’ve still got the itch,” said Aceto. “When I saw the South Portland job came open, I was certainly interested. I had thought about the Yarmouth job and was going to apply there when South Portland came open. Where else would I want to be?

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/11/21/r ... ears-away/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Ralph Aceto returns to coach South Portland

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:10 am

Aceto returns for second stint as SP softball coach

..“We are pleased to have Coach Aceto rejoin our staff,” said South Portland athletic director Todd Livingston. “He is a great coach, leader and role model for our student-athletes while setting high expectations for his players and the program.”

http://www.theforecaster.net/aceto-retu ... all-coach/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Softball: Maine High School & Amateur