York:: freshman Abby Orso getting comfortable on the mound

post info & talk all things Softball...

York:: freshman Abby Orso getting comfortable on the mound

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue May 23, 2017 7:40 am

York Wildcats give their playoff hopes a jolt

...However, two wins in three games gave the Wildcats some confidence heading into Monday’s crucial conference game against Gray-New Gloucester, a team ahead of York in the current Heal Point Standings.

The Wildcats broke open a close game with five unearned runs in the sixth inning and walked away with a 10-5 victory over the Patriots for their third win in four games.

“I think we’re playing better,” York head coach Mona Blais said. “I am surprised we’re even thinking about (playoffs) with how low we’ve been, but that win over Kennebunk early in the year kept us up there (in Heal points), and this win here will help. It might just be a prelim, but it’s still a chance to make it and get these younger kids who have never been up there a chance to see what it’s like.”

http://www.seacoastonline.com/sports/20 ... hopes-jolt
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: York:: reshman Abby Orso getting comfortable on the mou

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed May 24, 2017 6:31 am

York freshman Abby Orso getting comfortable on the mound

...Orso has also had the challenging of taking over in the circle from Stephanie Rundlett, arguably the best pitcher who has come through the York program and currently pitching for Division I Fordham University.

“Stephanie was an insane pitcher for this program,” Orso said. “Coming in in her footsteps is pretty hard. Having my parents cheering me no matter what has helped, and I know I am just a freshman and I do have a lot of time to improve and I will get better over time.”

Orso allowed three hits and struck out nine over seven innings, allowing just one earned run in Monday’s win over the Patriots. There have been a handful of games where the hard-throwing right-hander has reached double figures in strikeouts.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/2017 ... e-on-mound
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Softball: Maine High School & Amateur