Noble:: Raegan Kelly strikes out 14 in win over Gorham

post info & talk all things Softball...

Noble:: Raegan Kelly strikes out 14 in win over Gorham

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu May 11, 2017 6:19 am

Noble finally edges Hawks in 10 inns.

...“It feels pretty great after [starting 0-4],” Cipolla said. “I hang my head a lot often and [my teammates] are cheering for me and I had to do it for them, I had to do it for me. I had to do it for coach, and I’m glad I was able to come through.”

Noble coach Rick Melanson was pretty happy, too, to say the least.

“She comes down early every day and takes extra batting practice,” Melanson said. “She took 50 swings before the team showed up today. I’m so happy for her—I’m happy for the team as well—but I’m happy for her because of that extra batting practice that she put in. She’s a real good hitter. She just hung in there with a lot of pressure; she did great.”

http://www.fosters.com/sports/20170510/ ... in-10-inns
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Noble:: Raegan Kelly strikes out 14 in win over Gorham

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat May 13, 2017 5:08 am

Freshman leads Noble to victory
Raegan Kelly strikes out 14 with no walks as the Knights defeat Gorham, 6-1.

... The Knights (8-2) gave Kelly an early lead, scoring twice in the first inning. Two days after stroking the winning hit in a 4-3 win over Marshwood, Marisa Cipolla led off with a triple to center.

“Right from the first batter of the game, we were aggressive,” said Noble Coach Rick Melanson. “We knew we were going to see a good pitcher, but our leadoff hitter gets a triple and we end up scoring two runs in the first inning.”

Though she allowed an infield single in the first, Kelly was nearly impossible to hit early. She retired 10 straight into the fifth inning.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/05/12/s ... o-victory/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Softball: Maine High School & Amateur