Lawrence:: rides defense, pitching to win over Messalonskee

post info & talk all things Softball...

Lawrence:: rides defense, pitching to win over Messalonskee

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu May 11, 2017 6:09 am

Lawrence softball scores much-needed victory
Lauren Lambert provides jolt with 2-run homer.

...The win snaps a three-game losing streak for Lawrence — now 3-5 in Kennebec Valley Athletic Conference play — while Cony fell to 2-4.

“We’ve been hitting the ball hard but it’s been going right to people,” Lawrence coach Joey Marcoux said. “Today … we manufactured some runs and that long-ball was really nice.”

Lawrence scored a run in the first off Rams starter Gabby McGuire. Camryn Caldwell led off the game with a well-placed, two-strike bunt, then took third when Cony third baseman Alexis Couverette charged Sam Knox’s bunt and no one covered her base. In the second, a dropped pop-up set the stage for Lambert two-run homer over the left field fence to make it 3-0. It was the first home run of her career.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/05/10/ ... d-victory/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Lawrence:: rides defense, pitching to win over Messalons

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue May 16, 2017 6:14 am

Lawrence softball rides defense, pitching to win over Messalonskee
Bulldogs top Eagles at Colby College.

... We are in a really good groove right now,” Herrin said. “This is not the team that played them (the first time), We played really, really well tonight.”

The game was played on the artificial turf at Colby College, fortunate since the first three innings were plagued by a steady rain. Lawrence took a 1-0 lead in the top of the first, but Messalonskee bounced back with two in the second inning on a pair of walks and a two-run double from Julia Guerrette.

“The ball was getting really hard to grip,” Herrin said. “The rain was not helping. I was all wet, I had nowhere to wipe my hand off.”

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/05/15/ ... salonskee/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Softball: Maine High School & Amateur