Lisbon:: runs past Mountain Valley

post info & talk all things Softball...

Lisbon:: runs past Mountain Valley

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri May 05, 2017 5:36 am

Lisbon topples Dirigo in MVC softball

...But, Lisbon found its groove in the final two frames, tallying 10 runs for a 12-0 mercy-rule victory, giving the Greyhounds a 2-1 record.

“I think that this team is a team that has all the potential in the world to be that team that we were at the end of this game,” Lisbon coach Terri Tlumac said. “This was the softball team that I was waiting to see. It was nice to see it today.”

Playing on consecutive days was not lost on Tlumac, with her squad slated to ramp up its schedule next week, beginning Monday at Telstar. Wednesday’s 10-3 loss to Monmouth showed the rust that came with being stuck inside a gymnasium for most of the spring

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ll/2124485
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Lisbon:: runs past Mountain Valley

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat May 20, 2017 6:22 am

Lisbon runs past Mountain Valley

... Along with catching for seven innings in the heat, Le got a workout running the bases, launching two triples and doubling in the Greyhounds’ 12-3 victory over Mountain Valley.

“I was seeing her pitch coming better than usual,” said Le, who was 3-for-4 with two runs scored and four RBIs against Falcons pitcher Emily Laubauskas. “Those hits were pretty key. We were down and they were getting runs in. We really needed that.”

“Those were big hits for us, and as a senior captain, she does everything for the best interest of the team, giving her heart and soul,” Lisbon coach Terri Tlumac said.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ey/2134006
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Softball: Maine High School & Amateur