Maranacook:: picks up big win over Leavitt

post info & talk all things Softball...

Maranacook:: picks up big win over Leavitt

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu May 04, 2017 4:48 am

Maranacook softball holds on to beat Erskine in 9 innings
Black Bears score 4 runs in 9th, hold off Eagles rally in bottom of frame for KVAC B win.

... Costa, though, retired Erskine’s Faith Krause and Parker King on pop-ups to first to end it.

“I was getting a little nervous, but I knew my girls could pull through,” Costa, who walked only one batter all day, said of the tenuous final inning. “I wasn’t too worried about it. We just had to do what we had to do and do our jobs.”

“She’s really grown a lot,” Maranacook coach Jeannine Paradis said of Costa. “She’s really come through and matured a lot and started to take that leadership role. She’s really pitched a few good games and done a great job of stepping up for us.”

Both of Maranacook’s wins this season have come in extra innings. The Black Bears beat Nokomis in eight innings on April 24.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/05/03/ ... 9-innings/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Maranacook:: picks up big win over Leavitt

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat May 20, 2017 6:33 am

Maranacook softball picks up big win over Leavitt
Black Bears score both runs in first inning and hold on for victory.

...Maranacook improves to 8-3 in Class B South play while Leavitt falls to 8-4.

The Hornets had won six of their last seven games, including a victory over Winslow on Wednesday, but they came out flat against the Black Bears.

“I’m really hoping this is going to be a wake-up call for us,” Leavitt coach Kevin Leonard said. “We just didn’t have the enthusiasm. They won it, no question about that. They out-played us today.”

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/05/19/ ... r-leavitt/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Softball: Maine High School & Amateur