Thornton produces more offense after shuffling batting order

post info & talk all things Softball...

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu May 04, 2017 4:44 am

Kaitlin Verreault hits two home runs and a double in a 9-4 victory against Biddeford.

... “We hadn’t been scoring runs and I wanted a spark in the top of the lineup,” said Provost. “And it seemed to help today.

“We changed the whole lineup. I pretty much made changes from (batters) 1 to 9. We just needed to try something a little different.”

Verreault said that she has the same approach regardless of where she’s batting in the lineup.

It didn’t take long for her to acclimate, leading off the game with a homer to center field. The next inning she launched a three-run shot to left for a 4-2 lead, one that Thornton would not relinquish.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/05/03/s ... ing-order/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Thornton produces more offense after shuffling batting o

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri May 05, 2017 6:20 am

... Thornton junior Kaitlin Verreault dominated the stats sheet, with a leadoff homer in the first inning, followed by a crushed three-run shot to center her second time at the plate in the second inning, and finally a double in her third appearance, before flying out her fourth time at bat.

“That first home run was actually an outside pitch which I’m not very good with,” Verreault said. “But I came ready to play, I was super excited for this game since Biddeford is a rival, so we were all ready to go.”

Despite doubling Biddeford’s lead by game’s end, the competition remained close throughout most of the matchup, as the score sat at 5-4 heading into the sixth inning.

Runs were plentiful in the early innings, with Biddeford answering Verreault’s solo home run in the bottom of the first with two scores off a pair of singles and a wild throw. Thornton came back in the second however with Verreault’s second homer and a blooper single to notch four runs in the second.

http://www.journaltribune.com/news/2017 ... rd_94.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Softball: Maine High School & Amateur