Gray-New Gloucester:: beats Poland

post info & talk all things Softball...

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:19 am

Gray-New Gloucester runs away from Freeport in WMC softball matchup

...“We are kind of moving a few girls in the spot,” Harmon said. “Unfortunately, with the spring, we’re still adjusting to getting on the field with some live batting. She does great battling in the box. She is someone who can fit anywhere, so we’re still making adjustments.”

“I’ve been working on slapping and bunting,” True said. “I’ve been off a little bit, so I’m working my way back, but I’m really happy that I made some contact today.”

The Patriots tacked on three more runs in the sixth and put the game on ice. Welsh pitched all seven innings and recorded one strikeout for Freeport.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... up/2120957
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:03 am

Martell loses no-hitter, but Gray-NG still beats Poland

..."We didn't swing the bat," co-coach Kayla Vannah added. "Can't hit the ball if you don't swing the bat."

The Patriots (9-6) had no problem swinging the bat, collecting 14 hits off Poland freshman pitcher Karley O'Leary. Eight of the nine batters in the Gray-NG lineup got a hit, and the lone one who didn't was able to successfully move over a runner who eventually scored.

"It was great to see," Gray-NG coach Amanda Harmon said. "It's also great for them to feel that, too, and also understand that, yeah, you know, a fielder's choice or I popped up or flew out, I still advanced a runner. That's important, that helps score runs. That's something that we've also been pushing for them to understand, and today is a good show of that."

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... nd/2140576
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Softball: Maine High School & Amateur