Freshmen that made an impact this year

Talk about your team and players..No bashing or general negativity will be allowed.

Freshmen that made an impact this year

Postby maineray » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:54 pm

I would like to note the quality of some of this year's freshman class. First would be Cony's Arika Brochu. She did not give up an earned run in the regular season. Her batting average was an even 500 and she had 4 homeruns. Another freshman I liked was Oxford Hills Anika Kahkonen. She was their leadoff batter and did a great job behind the plate catching for their hard throwing pitcher. I'm not sure but I think Messalonskee's Kassi Michaud is a freshman. She did an amazing job pitching for a young Messalonskee team. One last freshman with a bright future is Bangor's pitcher Cordelia Stewart.
maineray

Re: Freshmen that made an impact this year

Postby dman » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Maineray, Kassi Michaud is a sophmore...I know the MT. Blue team did not have a great record, but I believe they had 2 or 3 Freshman starters.
dman

Postby maineray » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks for the correction dman. Kassi did have a great year and I thought she was very poised.
maineray

Postby bball-info » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:16 pm

The two biggest impacts were Arika Brochu of Cony and Bailey Tremblay of TA, and they would get my nod as Class A East Rookie of the Year and Class A West Rookie of the Year (if they actually had those awards).
bball-info

Postby dukefan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:34 am

Oliva Smith from Calais High has been outstanding in the circle this season. Another season and she will be one of the top five pitchers in the state, if she isn't already.
dukefan

Postby Hendu » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:36 am

Don't forget about Laurine German from South Portland. She bats at the top of the order, plays great defense, can run (has a stolen base against Bouchard of Kennebunk I believe, 1 of only 3 ever aginst her) and as far as I know she has been named All Conference (SMAA). Not bad for a Freshman. She and Danica Gleason (at SS) are solid up the middle for the Riots.
Hendu

Postby bball-info » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:37 am

Yes Hendu.....in full agreement with you. Abbie Paquette (pitcher) of Biddeford also had a solid year. As did Brooke Cross of TA.
bball-info

Postby ali » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Mountain Valley, lynsie Marston did most of the pitching this season for the falcons.kept them in games all year . has the passion ,works at her game ,very coachable and should keep the falcons in the playoffs for the next few years.
ali

Postby TigerNation » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:46 pm

I was told Spruce had a freshman that was good not sure of name, Kean?
TigerNation

Postby Hendu » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:27 am

Laurine German's 5 hits, including 2 doubles against the Maine Gatorade Player of The Year - enough said. No longer a 'future' star. She is a star. Can't wait for the Western Maine Final on Tuesday. Go Riots.
Hendu

Return to Maine HS and Amateur Softball