2018 predictions-north

post info & talk all things Soccer (GIRLS)...

2018 predictions-north

Postby soccerallthetime » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:43 am

MBR has been quiet this preseason so far so I will get the chatter started with my Northern Maine predictions.

Class A
1. Camden Hills (all their studs are back)
2. Messo (most their team is back and Waterville best player tranferred in)
3. Brunswick (always strong)
4. Bangor (a bit of a down year for them but still very competitive)
5. Hampden (still young but good quality)
6. EL (new coach and decent athletes)
7. Lewiston
8. Skowhegan

Class B
1. P.I. (easy to pick the reigning Northern Maine champs when they get their top 2 players back)
2. Hermon (lost their best player but have a ridiculous freshmen class).
3. Winslow
4-8. This is a crap shoot for me because I think the next four teams lost all their best players with heavy graduation so if they can replace them then I think it’s (in no particular order) Waterville, MCI, Caribou, Brewer, and Bapst.

Class C
1. 1-4 always seems to the same 4 and that wont change this year. Houlton, Orono, Dexter, and Fort Kent.
5-8. Central always is tough so they may crack the top 4 as well and in this group I’d inclued GSA, Bucksport, and Calais.
Penquis has 1 really good player so if she stays healthy she could lead them to a great year and I’ve heard Sumner is much improved as well so don’t be surprised if they have a break out year.

Class D
1-2. I don’t know much about these teams except that Ashland and PVHS are always strong and will again be the top 2 teams.
3. Bangor Christian is going to have a break out year.
4. Madawaska
5. Central Aroostook
6. Southern Aroostook
7-8. No idea on these so I’m going with Shead and Katahdin.

Feel free to chime in and give your input as well. I admit I don’t know as much about C and D as I do A and B so enlighten me if you do.
soccerallthetime

Re: 2018 predictions-north

Postby leavitthornet6 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Class A North

1. Camden Hills (NO ONE SHOULD TOUCH THEM) COULD BE A THREE-PEAT
2. Messo (ALOT OF TALENT... JUST NEED SOMEONE TO BE A LEGIT SCORING THREAT)
3. Bangor (ALWAYS THERE AT THE END OF THE YEAR, GREAT COACH)
4. Brunswick (LOST ONE SENIOR FROM LAST YEARS TEAM, BUT A BIG ONE)
5. Hampden (YOUNG, GOOD COACH, DON'T FORGET TO SHOW UP OR BETTER TEAM ON PAPER MAY GET BEAT)
6. Mount Ararat (WILL BE BETTER and WILL EVENTUALLY RETURN TO WHAT THEY ONCE WERE)
7. Lewiston (Keeper is good, have been improving, turf will be advantage as year goes on)
8. Skowhegan (Going to be better than expected)

9. Oxford Hills (May replace one of the (6,7,8) as there schedule is not a strong as some and heal points matter.
leavitthornet6

Re: 2018 predictions-north

Postby soccerallthetime » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:11 pm

Only 2 takers on this thread all year, but lots of people read it.

So, let's see how I did.

Class A
1-4 was right although I had Messo and Brunswick backwards.
5-8 was 2 right and the Lew and EL were the only disappointments. Mt. A and OH had great years.

Class B
Had 1-3 spot on.
4-8 was a little off with Caribou and Brewer being the only teams I got right in there.

Class C
1-3 I was right again on, except Orono had a down year compared to previous ones.
4-8 I was pretty close on these too, just Calais being my only mistake with Bucksport taking their spot (good year for the Golden Bucks).

Class D
Once again, pretty close with this list as well, although my order was a little off, Wisdom was the only team I omitted from the top 8 and Bangor Christian ended up 9th, pretty good guess.

Leavitthornet you also were pretty good. In class A, you nailed the Mt. Ararat prediction and you also got Oxford Hills too as a sleeper pick, well done.

Good luck to all playoff teams.
soccerallthetime

Return to Soccer (GIRLS): Maine High School & Amateur