Yarmouth girls cruise past Presque Isle, repeat as ‘B’ titli

post info & talk all things Soccer (GIRLS)...

Yarmouth girls cruise past Presque Isle, repeat as ‘B’ titli

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:53 am

Yarmouth girls cruise past Presque Isle, repeat as ‘B’ titlists

...Presque Isle finished at 14-4.

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” said Rodriguez. “It was crazy. As soon as I punted it, it was coming right back at me. They’re a great team. They deserve this.”

“They’re a complete team, without a doubt,” said Presque Isle coach Ralph Michaud who teamed up with assistant coach Dillon Kingsbury and the bus driver to put some antifreeze into the bus which enabled it to reach Governor’s Restaurant in Old Town.

As they ate lunch, they received word that they could take the University of Maine field hockey team’s bus to Portland. The Black Bears were eliminated from the America East tournament on Friday afternoon.

“We ended up coming to Portland in style,” said Michaud.

“It was rough day altogether,” said PI junior back Molly Kingsbury. “They’re one of the best teams we’ll ever play.”

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/11/05/s ... -titlists/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Yarmouth girls cruise past Presque Isle, repeat as ‘B’ t

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:02 pm

Yarmouth runs away from Presque Isle in B girls' soccer final

...“We definitely thought it would be a closer game and it was awesome to beat Presque Isle, and I did it with a great group of girls and I couldn’t have asked for a better senior season,” D’Appolonia said. “And to do it two years in a row with the boys is just really special.”

The crazy thing was that Presque Isle goalie Savannah Rodriguez actually played very well, making 20 saves – 14 in the first half.

“The girls were near faultless,” said Yarmouth Coach Chris Coleman. “Tonight we played without fear, without any pressure, and just enjoyed the game. And they were just ruthless in front of goal.”

Yarmouth completed an 18-0 season with its second straight championship and fourth overall.

http://www.sunjournal.com/yarmouth-runs ... cer-final/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Soccer (GIRLS): Maine High School & Amateur