Class B semifinal: PI Wildcats knock out Waterville 4-0

post info & talk all things Soccer (GIRLS)...

Class B semifinal: PI Wildcats knock out Waterville 4-0

Postby MBRer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:12 am

PI Wildcats knock out Waterville 4-0 in Class B semifinal

...“Basketball players have great vision and that helps,” coach Michaud said of Wheaton’s play. “She made a great pass to Maddie and that really put the game away.”

The second came with 3:48 remaining on a 10-yarder that Michaud put away after receiving a pass from Natalie Bates.

With the hat trick, Michaud built on her single-season school record scoring total, which has now reached 33 goals.

“I told her to go ahead and put that record out of reach,” coach Michaud said. “She never ceases to amaze me with what she can do. She’s such a great finisher.”

Waterville ended up 12-3-1 and had a strong finish to the season despite losing three key seniors to injury, two with ACL injuries and one with a concussion.

“Considering the way we had to glue the lineup together, we played well over the last three or four games,” said Panther coach Mark Serdjenian, whose team beat No. 11 Foxcroft Academy and No. 3 Winslow earlier in the playoffs. His squad also held an 18-16 shot advantage over Presque Isle in Saturday’s match. “But Presque Isle played well today and their two players [Rodriguez and Michaud] we expected to be very good were and we didn’t do much about it.”

http://thecounty.me/2017/10/28/sports/w ... semifinal/
MBRer

Return to Soccer (GIRLS): Maine High School & Amateur