Presque Isle 3, Brewer 1 ...Class B North qtr-final

post info & talk all things Soccer (GIRLS)...

Presque Isle 3, Brewer 1 ...Class B North qtr-final

Postby Village Soup » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:31 am

Stingy first-half defense helps Wildcat girls advance

...On the kickoff to restart play, PI’s Madison Michaud delivered a back pass to right back Elizabeth Collins, who hit a long ball to the top of the 18-yard box. Michaud gathered it in and volleyed a shot past Brewer goalkeeper Libby Hewes to put the Wildcats back on top. The goal came just 12 seconds after the Witches had tied it.

“We have shown good composure late in the season, so when Brewer scored it didn’t really faze me to be honest,” Madison Michaud said. “I think after playing Caribou and Brewer late in the season, we’re not worried anymore about getting down.”

After that, Brewer put all 10 of its field players on the offensive side of the field and carried play for the rest of regulation, but could not manage to forge another tie as all four of the late shot attempts were either off the mark or saved by Rodriguez.

Michaud clinched the victory with 1:02 left when she stole a goal kick by Hewes at the top of the box and tallied her 30th goal of the season, which is a new school record.

http://thecounty.me/2017/10/24/sports/s ... s-advance/
Village Soup

Return to Soccer (GIRLS): Maine High School & Amateur