Oxford Hills:: overwhelms Leavitt, 6-3

post info & talk all things Soccer (GIRLS)...

Postby SJ » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:25 am

Vikings act swiftly, stun Cougars

...Oxford Hills coach Chad Truman was pleased with the Vikings’ scoring prowess.

“We have seen a lot of that in preseason, and playing a lot of local teams, and we could score,” Truman said. “I liked the passing at times. We kind of go as our passing goes. When we are passing well and possessing the ball, things go our way.”

While inclement weather was sneaking up on the teams, the Vikings’ Ceceila Dietrich was punching holes in Mt. Blue’s offense. She turned in a hat trick and her first two goals were of the back-to-back variety.

Dietrich punched in the first goal at 28:45 of the first half, with Julie Colby getting the assist.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... rs/2194731
SJ

Postby SJ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:32 am

Oxford Hills overwhelms Leavitt, 6-3

... "We tried to stay connected and make sure that we communicate," Vikings senior defender Cetta Stewart said. "No. 4 on their team (Maheux) is a good player, and she has speed, so we got to make sure that we were one step ahead of her and communicated."

One of the Hornets' players to mark tied the game up 11 minutes later. Julia Colby ended a scramble of a sequence by finally putting the ball in the back of the net. Leavitt goalie Shelby Varney was able to stop the first two shots, but was on the ground and unable to get to Colby's tally.

"It was important, especially to bounce back after they scored the first goal," Oxford Hills (4-2) coach Chad Truman said. "We know if we can possess the ball, take shots, that we're going to score. So to bounce back I think was important. It shifted momentum back in our favor."

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... -3/2202513
SJ

Re: Oxford Hills:: off on the right foot

Postby SJ » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:33 am

Oxford Hills off on the right foot

...So what's been the difference this year?

"I think if you were to ask my team they would all say that they're playing together, that there's unity on the team and that they're playing together," fifth-year Vikings coach Chad Truman said. "And I'd have to say that's the biggest reason."

"These age groups together, we get along more, I guess," senior captain Cetta Stewart said. "We've played in the past, so it kind of helps. And since we've had freshmen come up, we just welcomed them right in. And it's just easier to communicate and stay together."

There's been no magical secret to the Vikings' 4-2 start, nor is it a surprise to anyone in the program.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ot/2203004
SJ

Return to Soccer (GIRLS): Maine High School & Amateur