SJ Player of the Year: Lisbon's Jonah Sautter

post info & talk all things Soccer (BOYS)...

SJ Player of the Year: Lisbon's Jonah Sautter

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:45 am

A happy accident: Jonah Sautter led Greyhounds, is Sun Journal Soccer Player of the Year

...“Going into every game, I knew that I had to be on my game to get us in the game, and if we let up one then I got to make sure that I’m keeping the score 1-0 as best as I can,” Sautter said. “I think I did well with that, with keeping other people on track and making sure they’re doing their jobs. Definitely a lot of pressure, but I think it was nothing that I didn’t think I could handle.”

There wasn’t much Sautter couldn’t handle, never giving up more goals in a game than he had hands during the season. That’s why he grabbed hold of the Sun Journal All-Region Boys’ Soccer Player of the Year honor.

“We always tell keepers ‘make the saves you’re supposed to make, and anything beyond that is bonus.’ And I think if you take a look at Jonah throughout the season, Jonah came up very big for us at times against some really quality teams,” Sylvester said. “It changes our dynamic, the mentality, the mindset that we have with Jonah in the net.”

http://www.sunjournal.com/a-happy-accid ... -the-year/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Soccer (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur