Class C state finals: Maranacook 1, Fort Kent 0 

post info & talk all things Soccer (BOYS)...

Class C state finals: Maranacook 1, Fort Kent 0 

Postby givengo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Anyone know the State Final scores of Class C Girls and Boys?
givengo

Re: Class C State Soccer Finals

Postby interloper » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:50 pm

In the boys, Maranacook scored in the final minute to defeat Fort Kent 1-0. In the girls, Houlton beat Madison 1-0.
interloper

Re: Class C State Soccer Finals

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:56 am

Last-minute goal lifts Maranacook past Fort Kent for ‘C’ boys crown

...Belanger drew a Fort Kent defender toward him and passed it back to Mohlar, who found the space he needed for a quick shot into the left corner of the net.

“When Aric got it I thought he was going to shoot, but one of their defenders stepped up to him and he just tapped it back to me,” said Mohlar. “I figured if I turned there was going to be somebody there but I turned and there was nobody there so I just struck it.

“I had a lot of time. It really surprised me.”

While the taller, more physical Black Bears had more scoring chances, Fort Kent had the best scoring bid of the match’s first 79 minutes, 39 seconds.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/11/04/s ... oys-crown/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Class C state finals: Maranacook 1, Fort Kent 0 

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Maranacook edges Fort Kent in C boys' soccer final

...The clock reached its final minute of regulation when Rogers began a Maranacook attack, with the ball going from Mohlar to Belanger, who brought it in from the left side. The junior defender kept the ball moving, sending a pass back over to Mohlar near the top of the 18-yard box.

“We always try to serve the ball, and we’re always trying to be the first to the ball,” Belanger said. “Silas worked off the ball and I gave it back to him. … It was kind of like a natural instinct-type thing.”

Mohlar didn’t stop to control the ball before putting it on net, firing a shot that beat Pelletier — excellent all day with seven saves — and skipped inside the left post to kick off a wild celebration along the right sideline.

“Time slows down, it’s like slow motion,” Mohlar said. “I turned, there was nobody there. It’s surprising that nobody tackled. … I didn’t think I was going to have as much time. I struck it as quick as I could.”

http://www.sunjournal.com/maranacook-ed ... cer-final/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Class C state finals: Maranacook 1, Fort Kent 0 

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:35 am

Maranacook boys soccer a family affair
Mohlars are at center of another Black Bear championship.

...“We’ve put a lot of time into Maranacook soccer,” Silas said after the Black Bears’ third Class C title in the last five years. “My dad coached me all through travel, and I’ve had (Maranacook head coach Don Beckwith) since sixth grade. You can’t write a better picture right here.”

Phil Mohlar, Silas and Kent’s father, joined Beckwith’s coaching staff prior to Kent’s freshman season in 2012. He graduated from Maranacook in 1981 and went on to play college soccer at the University of Maine at Farmington.

Nobody was prouder than Phil to have watched one of his sons capture another championship Saturday.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/11/06/m ... ly-affair/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Soccer (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur