CM Player of the Year: Ally Turner, Messalonskee (& allstars

post info & talk all things Lacrosse (GIRLS)...

CM Player of the Year: Ally Turner, Messalonskee (& allstars

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:56 am

CM Player of the Year: Ally Turner, Messalonskee (& allstars )
Sophomore set school record with 61 goals for state champion Eagles.

No. 61, in baseball circles, still remains revered, even after players like Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds — and their PED-enhanced power — shattered the Major League Baseball home run record of 61 set by Roger Maris in 1961.

At Messalonskee High School, No. 61 has taken on its own historical significance.

Sophomore midfielder Ally Turner scored a school-record 61 goals this season, helping the Eagles to their first Class A girls lacrosse state championship in program history.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2016/07/12/ ... salonskee/
Central Maine (KJ + Sentinel ) - allows 10 free reads per month for non-subscribers.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: CM Player of the Year: Ally Turner, Messalonskee (& alls

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:37 am

Messalonskee’s Turner commits to lacrosse scholarship at D-I Wagner
Junior midfielder led Eagles to state championship in June

... She’ll have the chance, and at the highest level. Turner verbally committed during the winter season to play at Wagner College, joining the Staten Island school on an athletic scholarship to compete at the Division I level.

For Turner, it’s a perfect blend. She’ll be able to play the sport she loves, and pursue the field — nursing — about which she’s just as passionate.

“It’s really cool to be able to say I’m going to play lacrosse at a D-I college, but to me it was more important to find where I wanted to go to school,” Turner said. “I want to be a nurse, and I found a school where I can play D-I lacrosse and and also do a nursing program. … It’s just really exciting, because now I know what I’m going to do and where I’m going to be. I can’t wait to play there.”

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/03/24/ ... -i-wagner/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Lacrosse (GIRLS): Maine High School & Amateur